Our Code of Conduct
Please be aware of these community standards and promote a positive, inclusive environment at all Growable events.
The success of Growable events is dependent on creating an open and welcoming environment where attendees feel comfortable participating and engaging. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
A primary goal of Growable is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
We invite all those who participate in Growable to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our community is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, we want to know! Feel free to use the contact details below or tap one of us on the shoulder during an event or meetup.
2. Expected Behaviour
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert Growable representatives if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public or be a place of business; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
We actively encourage you to bring a sense of curiosity and fun to Growable events while being respectful of other attendees and the environment.
3. Unacceptable Behaviour
Any behaviour that detracts from the sense of community, inclusion and learning of Growable is counter to our vision for these events. The following behaviours are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes: sexualised comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
4. Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour, the community organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
5. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organiser as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org or call either of Will on 07525 164 942 or Pete on 07879 821 019.
Additionally, community organisers are available to help community members engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behaviour feel safe. In the context of in-person events, organisers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
We expect all community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues, both online and in-person, as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behaviour occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
7. Contact info
📧 Mail: email@example.com
📞 Call Will: 07525 164 942
📞 Call Pete: 07879 821 019